Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lots is going on at the Roberts' house.

2 weeks ago Jillian slept in her own bed for the first time. Yeah!! It wasn't quite as a miraculous result as when we put Drew into his crib at 8 weeks (he slept for almost 7 hours that first night),but she did good. She doesn't sleep as well at night, but she is definately a better day napper. We took down the pack and play this weekend and brought up the big swing and I wish we would have brought it out sooner. It does amazing things to that little girl. I don't understand how it is different than little swing that she is no way soothed by, but I don't have to understand it to appreciate it.



We took the kids to JC Penney for pictures. By the time we got to the costumes they'd had it, but still a very cute cow and pea pod, I think. I attached the link to look at the pics. Just type in Shannon Roberts in the customer line to view them.






Last week Nana and Papa came to visit. Drew was excited to see them. They had both left messages earlier in the week and when Drew heard them he thought Nana and Papa were in the answering machine. So he would go to answering machine and say Nana? Papa? like he was asking if they could come out and play. While they were here Dad put in a new toilet in the hall bathroom and yes that is my 65 year old mother on the floor. When I saw that I had to take a picture. She is trying to see if the bolts were lined up. What would dad do without her. Dad and I went to Wal-mart for a few things and Papa bought Drew a new Halloween book that lights up and the vampire laughs and some candy corns and he bought Jillian 240 diapers. Thanks Papa. Drew also stole Papa's hat and decided to wear it around.














Saturday Anna Lawrence, her mother Norma, mother-in-law Lois and son Cody came to visit us at our new house. Drew had lots of fun with Cody and his new Tonka. Jillian wouldn't let Anna do any sitting. If you want to hold her you better put on your walking shoes. My wonderful friend Anna brought me some Mt. Carmel chocolate chip cookies. I had to say no to them so many times when I was pregnant. They were heavenly. I am so glad they fit a visit to us in their shopping trip.









As you can tell, I still don't know how to turn the pictures. I will learn someday.












Then something truely wonderful happened Saturday night. Andy and I went on a date, just the two of us. My very thoughtful brother Bryce and sister-in-law Tammy kept the kids while Andy and I went out for dinner and a movie. We saw Good Luck Chuck, it was a very funny movie, a bit on the crude side, but still funny. My husband laughed so hard, that he was embarassing me. Just kidding, kind of :) Everything went great and we couldn't be more thankful to Bryce and Tammy. (The most amazing part of the night is that I heard Bryce actually changed a diaper, only a wet one, he will be quick to point out).


Can I just say that this is the point were I picked back up the blog. I started it Tuesday night and it is now Sunday evening. Once a week might be a little ambitious.



My mom came back up Sunday night because I had to go back to work on Monday. I had orientation and it was boring. It was a very long and hard week. I left the house by 7:00 am and didn't get home until 5:30 and then it was time for dinner and baths and Drew goes to bed and then I am exhausted. I think it will be better when I go to nights. This week I just work days, so I will have to learn their machines and the hardest part in finding my way around the department. It is like a maze. My friend Sarah works there, so that makes this a little easier.

I just want to add it is now Sunday 10:00 pm and I am still trying to finish this blog. AHHH!!


When my mom came up, she brought up a house warming gift that dad had been working on for Andy and I. A riding lawn mower, that Drew loved driving. She also brought 2 pumpkins from the pumpkin patch that Drew and Papa planted in the spring. Drew thought he was strong enough to pick up his pumpkin. He didn't even get it off the ground, but he looked very cute trying.





















I think this is the first picture I have got of Jillian smiling. She is smiling, cooing and laughing now. Aren't the two of them so cute!!




















Drew and I were sticking stars on our foreheads and he forgot there was one on his head when he went down for his nap. I had to take his picture. He is an angel when it comes to sleeping. At night he goes right to sleep, just like the pic, with his hands behind his head. I lay him down and don't hear a peep until morning. Nap time he lays down, hands behind head, no crying or fussing, but I can usually hear him playing with his toys for awhile before he falls asleep. Man I love that kid!!





It is almost 11:00 and I am finally done. Good night!!



































































































1 comments:

Outnumbered521 said...

Just curious; why does your dad install a new toilet in every house you live in? Do you require a special type or height or something? Love ya.