Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bonner Springs Aquatic Park

Last Tuesday was a gorgeous day. Sunny, 82 degree and a slight breeze. So I decided to sacrifice some sleep for some family time. We aired up Jillian's music playing, shade providing apparatus and Drew's floaties and a alligator ring. Drew was so excited. We walked up to the entrance and found out they don't permit any floatation devices. A hard concept to handle for a boy already attached to the gator around his waist. I guess mommy should have done a little better planning by looking at the website. I also thought there would be a small kiddy area/pool, like our old stomping grounds in CJ. So the plan was that I would sit on the edge and supervise little miss in her floatie and Andy and Drew would play in the pool. Well as you can see it is a little fancier than that. There was water shooting up from the ground and sprinkling from over head and a beach like slanted entrance. So I looked like a idgit in my t-shirt and shorts in the water (like I said I planned to sit on the edge of a pool). Anyway we had a good time and are planning to go back this week. Jilli loved the water. Drew was a little more cautious. He would get scared when we pushed him to do things, but would do them later on his own. He picks up his floaties or swim shoes and asks "we go to the pool?" multiple times a day. I think he will get more comfortable with water and aquatic park the more often we go.
Jilli loved the water until she slipped and the water from the floor sprays was hitting her right in her face. That was the end of water time for the Roberts Crew. She also slipped some and got some scraped knees and feet.
Andy and the water babies.


0 comments: