Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Drew's 3rd Birthday Party - To Infinity and Beyond

Sunday afternoon was Drew's Buzz Lightyear Party. I think it was a success - family, cake, balloons, presents and no tears! Yeah!
The decorations - yes, one big Buzz balloon for the birthday boy.

Brett, Anne, Kyle, Payton and McKenzie drove all the way from near STL for the party. It is about a 5.5 hour drive. I love them for making such a long trip. It wouldn't have been the same without them. Here the girls are playing with my munchkins before the party started.

Everyone sang Happy Birthday and Drew didn't cry, like he did in September for Kyle's birthday. It took a couple of blows but all the candles went out. I am so thankful he didn't spit on the cake.
mmmmmm..... cake! McKenz
Miss Emily - Owen was too busy playing to be bothered with cake and ice cream.
All the kids were at the kitchen table and Payton and Anne were stuck at the mini table (the adult table at this occasion). Uncle Brett, Aunt Tammy and Uncle Bryce

Time for presents. Drew got a view master and he loved it.

Buzz paraphernalia
Kyle helping Drew out.
Drew has been eyeing this gear set for a while and he gave quite the reaction when he saw it. GEARS!!! with a little jumping for emphasis.
Brett and Anne brought the bean a gift too, how sweet.
The Workshop!



Nana and Papa got Drew a pirate tent. It was the first thing he opened and I think he would have been satisfied if we stopped there. Drew calls it his skeleton tent, when today became skeletent, why waste syllables.
6 foot plus, 18 year old cousin Kyle in the skeletent. What a goof!Reading his card from Grandpa Corky.
That night Drew decided that he wanted to sleep in his skeletent. We put his pillow and some blankets in there and he was snug in the tent when we checked on him before we went to bed. That morning I told Andy to go get a picture of him sleeping in his tent and this is where we found him. I guess that it wasn't all that comfortable. He couldn't even stretch out his legs completely.

0 comments: