Last weekend Tim, Johnna and Madeline Wilson came up to visit. Friday Tim and Andy helped our friend Chris Youtsey move up to the KC area. He is going to working at Independence PD. There are four guys that worked together on the road at the Sheriff's department that have stayed really close friends (Andy, Tim, Chris and Jeremiah Hunter). Jeremiah and his family are in Columbia now, his wife Ruth is med school. Tim told me this weekend he has successfully moved all three of his friends from Joplin. Everyone has helped the other move. What good guys. Johnna and Madeline met the boys over at Chris's house Friday evening and then they were coming to our house. I kept telling Drew that Madeline was coming to his house. He kept asking when, where is she now? I told him "She is at Chris' " he said "I want to go to Christmas." The finally made it and Drew was so excited. We ate BBQ and the kids played, Jilli cashed out first. My kids go to bed early 7:00 - 7:30 on most nights, so I think Jilli made it to 8:45 and Drew went to bed around 10:00. The next morning we went to the Renaissance Festival, it is literally 10 minutes from our house. Her are the girls at the beginning of our journey.
There was a kids play area with a pirate ship. Here Johnna is helping Jillian aboard.
Miss Madeline
Captain Drew
There was a lady sitting there with what looked like a tiny pillow on her lap and then the pillow started moving. She had a hedgehog in there. Drew was a little curious about it for 3 seconds and then ran off to play again. He is the navy shoulder in the bottom right corner.
They were teaching the little girls to dance and it was ever so amusing. Here is Mad shaking her booty :)
They had rides for the kids that were all man powered. Drew and Madeline rode the swings. I am not sure what he thought of them, he didn't say much. There was a lot going on and the crowds were starting to pick up a little.
Weeeeeeeeeee!
The next ride was a boat like contraption. Mad and Drew were on one side and two other little kids were on the other. Drew looked like he was having fun at first, then his expression changed dramatically. He started saying "too fast" and "stop, I want out." Then the other kids started yelling faster and he followed along. I don't know if he is going to be a ride kind of kid or not. Mixed reviews.
Next was camel rides. Johnna said Madeline was talking about riding a camel forever, I think it is on a Wiggles episode. So Andy was the chaperon. They also had the option of an elephant ride and I am glad they chose the camel, because I just watched a 20/20 or Dateline that showed elephants attacking people. Yikes!
My Hump, my hump, my lovely lady hump. Wait, I don't know if the camel was a girl or not.
Drew was in a iffy mood all day. He did a lot of running off and whining, but our Jilli bean was a complete angel. She rode in the wagon most of the time and just took it all in. Madeline got a beautiful butterfly painted on her face and I tried to convince Drew to get a snake painted on his face, but I was unsuccessful. What a party pooper. Here are the girls with their butterfly wands. Jilli's is in her room, it is cute. Drew got a kite and it was broke before the night was over.
About 12:30 Drew had had enough, so we left and the Wilsons stayed behind. On the way back to the truck Jillian fell asleep in the wagon, poor girl was exhausted. We went home, had lunch and napped, at least Jilli and I did. Drew, the one who needed the most, refused. The Wilsons came back to our house and we played outside for a while and then headed to T-Rex for dinner. Drew and Mad both loved it. Madeline got a hard hat with light on it, like Drew's. We checked out the fountain and then it was time for the Wilsons to head back to Joplin. Drew has asked about them almost everyday since. Drew loved miss Johnna. He wanted her to hold him or hold his hand. I think it was record, he must have said her name about 1000 times in one weekend. We had so much fun with them.
The next ride was a boat like contraption. Mad and Drew were on one side and two other little kids were on the other. Drew looked like he was having fun at first, then his expression changed dramatically. He started saying "too fast" and "stop, I want out." Then the other kids started yelling faster and he followed along. I don't know if he is going to be a ride kind of kid or not. Mixed reviews.
Next was camel rides. Johnna said Madeline was talking about riding a camel forever, I think it is on a Wiggles episode. So Andy was the chaperon. They also had the option of an elephant ride and I am glad they chose the camel, because I just watched a 20/20 or Dateline that showed elephants attacking people. Yikes!
My Hump, my hump, my lovely lady hump. Wait, I don't know if the camel was a girl or not.
Drew was in a iffy mood all day. He did a lot of running off and whining, but our Jilli bean was a complete angel. She rode in the wagon most of the time and just took it all in. Madeline got a beautiful butterfly painted on her face and I tried to convince Drew to get a snake painted on his face, but I was unsuccessful. What a party pooper. Here are the girls with their butterfly wands. Jilli's is in her room, it is cute. Drew got a kite and it was broke before the night was over.
About 12:30 Drew had had enough, so we left and the Wilsons stayed behind. On the way back to the truck Jillian fell asleep in the wagon, poor girl was exhausted. We went home, had lunch and napped, at least Jilli and I did. Drew, the one who needed the most, refused. The Wilsons came back to our house and we played outside for a while and then headed to T-Rex for dinner. Drew and Mad both loved it. Madeline got a hard hat with light on it, like Drew's. We checked out the fountain and then it was time for the Wilsons to head back to Joplin. Drew has asked about them almost everyday since. Drew loved miss Johnna. He wanted her to hold him or hold his hand. I think it was record, he must have said her name about 1000 times in one weekend. We had so much fun with them.

0 comments:
Post a Comment